Last Updated October 2nd, 2014
The Information We Collect
Personal Data. Personal Data is information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you (collectively, “Personal Data”). Such Personal Data may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, birth date, or other personally identifiable information. When registering on our Site, you will be required to provide us with Personal Data. We may also collect Personal Data from you through other sources, such as when you contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys, or submit your own content (e.g. ratings, reviews, or comments) using the Site.
Billing Information. If you wish to purchase a product or service through the Site, you will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Data noted above. Such information may include credit card information, PayPal account information, and similar data (collectively, “Billing Information”).
Other Information Automatically Collected. We may also collect additional information, including: (i) information that we automatically collect when you visit the Site, such as your IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time of your visit, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Site you visit, number of links you click while in the Site, and similar information concerning your use of the Site; (ii) additional information that you voluntarily provide to us regarding your use and interest in our programs, offers, products, and services; and (iii) information collected by our cookies (for more information on how we collect information using cookies, see the section- Cookies, below) (collectively, “Other Information”).
How We Use and Share Your Information
We may use your relevant information for providing you services and performing related functions including, without limitation:
- Processing, verifying, validating, and completing your transaction
- Creating, managing, and maintaining your membership to this Site
- Providing requested live customer support and services
- Record keeping of your purchase history
- Enabling communication via our Site, blog, and social networks
- Managing your participation in contests and promotions
- Sending email as appropriate and for purposes discussed above
- We sometimes hire other service providers to perform certain business-related functions (“Contractors”). We may share your Personal Data and Billing Information with our Contractors in order to enable them to perform these functions such as process payments, ship products, send mailings, and maintain databases. When we employ Contractors, we require them to use Personal Data and Billing Information only in connection with the services they perform for us.
- We may share your Personal Data and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you choose to participate in any sponsor promotions, contests or similar events directly or through third parties, including events in collaboration with other third parties on the Site, you may be asked to provide Personal Data or to answer questions that seek your Personal Data. Participation in these promotions or contests is voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Site, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in a way that does not personally identify any one user (“Aggregated Information”). We may use Aggregated Information to conduct research on our end users’ demographics, interests, and behaviors or to otherwise operate or improve our business and we may share Aggregated Information with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and the Site to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data, Billing Information, and Other Information may be part of the transferred assets.
Information Posted Online
ANY INFORMATION (INCLUDING PERSONAL DATA) THAT YOU POST IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM OR ON OUR SITE IS PUBLIC INFORMATION AND MAY BE SEEN, COLLECTED, OR USED FOR ANY REASON, BY ANYONE INCLUDING, THIRD PARTIES NOT AFFILIATED WITH PORTE MODE. PORTE MODE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY, FOR THE CONTENT AND PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU CHOOSE TO DISCLOSE ON OUR SITE OR IN PUBLIC FORUMS. You should think carefully before disclosing any information in any Public Forum.
Accessing, Modifying and Deleting Personal Data and Communication Preferences
You may access, review, delete, or make changes to Personal Data that you have provided to us by clicking on “My Account" on our Site or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking the unsubscribe link located in any Porte Mode marketing emails or by emailing your request to email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your registration with our Site and our other services, such as customer service responses and other administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. You can opt-out from receiving such messages by canceling your registration. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, and for a reasonable time thereafter bearing in mind the possibility of your re-using our services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as described in the “Our Contact Information” section below.
A Special Note Regarding Children
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly register or otherwise collect Personal Data from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors under the age of 13 not submit any Personal Data to us. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Data, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us as described in the “Our Contact Information” section below and request that such information be deleted from our records.
Links to Other Websites
We have reasonable security measures in place intended to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Data, Billing Information, and Other Information that we have collected. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected by or through the Site in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised, or that your Personal Data will remain secure under all circumstances. Further, while we take efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party hackers from illegally obtaining this information.
When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we will only collect this information using a secure mechanism. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Contact Information
Porte Mode, Inc.
151 W 19th Street
New York NY 10011